|
Illustrated Rubaiyat
|
|
03-06-2011, 05:08 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2011 06:21 AM by Yugoboy.)
Post: #1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Illustrated Rubaiyat
The haiga collaboration I started a month or so ago was just a warm-up. I knew about the upgrade to come and didn't want to interfere with that.
But now the remodeling is well under way, and I'm ready to get this idea underway (I've been sitting on it for a few months). I've started a blog here: http://rubaiyatonline.blogspot.com/ where I will be posting the entire text of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam (the Fitzgerald translation which is public domain). I'd like to throw open the doors to anyone who wants to illustrate any of the quatrains to please just post the quatrain and image in this thread, and I'll move it over to the blog. It's a little late tonight for me to get the blog any further along, but I just got it set up and wanted to at least tease the idea. The inspiration for this came from the fact that somehow I've become some sort of collector of illustrated editions by total accident. I've got a couple nice ones (one's supposedly worth $120... I got it for $12) but thought my buddies and folk here could do at least as nice a job. Illustrations do not have to have a direct relationship to the text. If you're inspired to go off on a tangent, but were inspired by a quatrain... terrific! Also, straight-up photos will be accepted as well, as long as they were taken by you and you feel strongly that it fits the quatrain. Hopefully I'll have it a little more underway tomorrow. EDIT: Second edit: Feel free to peruse the poem and post your quatrain and image to this thread. I'll be uploading each quatrain as its own post and putting them in order. Therefore, if you want an image to show up soon, do a low number quatrain. If there's a specific one you want to do, post it here (with the number) and I'll insert it when I get to that one (shouldn't take me more than a week to get it all up, but life can get in the way). FWIW - I'm using the first translation version (there are 3). |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Messages In This Thread |
|
Illustrated Rubaiyat - Yugoboy - 03-06-2011 05:08 AM
RE: Illustrated Rubaiyat - Yugoboy - 03-08-2011, 11:49 AM
RE: Illustrated Rubaiyat - ElectronChaser - 03-08-2011, 03:16 PM
RE: Illustrated Rubaiyat - Yugoboy - 03-08-2011, 05:09 PM
RE: Illustrated Rubaiyat - johnebones - 03-08-2011, 05:38 PM
RE: Illustrated Rubaiyat - Yugoboy - 03-28-2011, 03:13 AM
RE: Illustrated Rubaiyat - HoboSong - 03-28-2011, 03:42 AM
RE: Illustrated Rubaiyat - DonWrite - 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
|




