Poll: Who's got the "greater" image?
Electro
libra
[Show Results]
 
Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ElectronChaser vs. libranoelrose - Skills H2H
04-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Post: #7
Re: H2H - ElectronChaser vs. libranoelrose - Skills Challeng
Mister I Wrote:How weird. It seems like satirical/humorous modifications of images of public figures would fall into the category of "fair use." But what do I know -- we are living in a litigious age!

I believe Worth1000 has run several contests like this, creating ghastly modifications of celebrities.

And Worth has lawyers. Pukebig :toothy2: Are celebrities "public figures" or private citizens... I think that is the spin.

With advice from his sage Queen and Iron Mod, the Lead Misfiteer decrees: Go For It!!**

I was on the fence anyway... about the worse that can happen is that I'll be asked to "cease and desist", we'll have to pull the images, and the site might get a black-eye from Google. Well it's a private site and I have no advertisers to offend. And it's not like this site competes with Fark or Worthless for traffic. It's complete BS that I should have to 'worry' at all.

** That said, I would like to leave this up to libranoelrose. Since GeeGee did recently receive that Phototbucket notice, I don't want to put libranoelrose at risk for a freeze on his image host account or whatever. So if you feel comfortable taking on this challenge, it's OK by me. If you don't, say so and Yugoboy will come up with a new challenge.

OK?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Re: H2H - ElectronChaser vs. libranoelrose - Skills Challeng - GbyP - 04-07-2010 09:13 PM

Forum Jump: