|
Alphabet Tennis - 3
|
|
03-27-2010, 04:54 AM
Post: #11
|
|||
|
|||
Re: Alphabet Tennis - 3
Vortex Dweller Wrote:wondering wtF is an electrophoresis apparatus? How does LightGiver know about them, and WHY the F did I read half that wiki page?!?:laughrofl: :laughroll: Ya never know when organic chemistry is going to come in handy. The ectrophoresis apparatus and mass spectrometer are used to help identify the presence or absence of specific proteins. I stayed away from it in school. I was three years into this project before I realized I was involved with organic chemistry. I happened upon it while caring for a couple of my alpacas with a persistent skin rash that nobody around the world could figure out. I was on my second vet and he said he did not know what was wrong.. which I admired him saying... Then I said anything this massive that's happening to my animals must be obvious!! As it turned out it was. I think. I need the science and that involves ectrophoresis apparatus. The vet seemed insulted but I really only wanted to motivate him. Then I picked up a fallen oak leaf and I said what if it's this! I looked up and around... I was surrounded by big oak trees. I thought Tannin! It's in the trees and it's in the well water I give the animals. Tannin is natures defense mechanism against animals telling them if you eat me I will hurt you. Animals (browsers) said to the trees "oh yeah"... I have proline rich proteins and I can poop you out and use the leftovers to keep my liver flukes in check. I found this study ----- and I understood how tannin is a natural diet for browsers like alpaca and deer. They have proline rich proteins in their saliva which bind with the tannin molecules they eat. If the protein is there it binds with the tannin and gets pooped out. If the proline rich protein is not there tannin is water soluble and can go through membranes and end up on the skin especially where they sweat a lot they have big eyes so they need tears and around their eyes can get hit. It's agony Then I took gave the sick ones filtered water. In ten days those alpacas with the awful skin problems were the happiest alpacas I have ever seen. They were pronking and dancing around. Crias (babies) need to have the opportunity to be exposed to tannin so they can omnom on a leaf... the leaf has tannin which is bitter which makes the cria salivate and develop proline rich proteins. The critters that are not exposed to tannin when they are crias can live normal lives as long as the are kept away from tannin. These animals are shipped all over the place. So I need the science to see if i'm right. I plan to get a scientist to use ectrophoresis apparatus to count the proline rich proteins in two sick animals and two healthy animals and dig who is also healthy.. I hypothesize the sick girls are missing a few proline rich proteins PRP's Proline rich proteins have never been counted in alpacas.. so that's cool. Hoping this comparison will be a diagnostic tool. Dig was born from a girl with the skin rash. Dig was sucking on oak leaves at three days old. His mother showed him how. He has been drinking straight well water for quite a while now with no problems. I'll bet Dig has more PRP's than his mother. ectrophoresis apparatus charges a gel with an organic sample smeared on it. It sends out a couple different high charges for maybe a couple of days. Then it's ready for the mass spectrometer (I guess) There are over 6 million identified proteins and counting (I think) Dare to be Naive. ~Bucky Fuller |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|




