![]() |
|
Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - Printable Version +- Misfit Squirrels Forums (https://misfitsquirrels.com/forums) +-- Forum: Misfit Contests & Collaborations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10) +--- Forum: Squirrel Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12) +--- Thread: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover (/showthread.php?tid=818) |
Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - verchad - 03-11-2013 03:00 AM There have been some fun results from similar challenges in the past here and other places. So...... go to the following websites: First - http://randomwordgenerator.net/index.php - To create a group name Then - http://randomfactgenerator.net/ - look through the random facts, there are some that are 3-6 words long. Find one that fits for an album title, legitimate or funny. Extra Credit (a hearty handshake) - use either of the first 2 sites to also create the title of the title of the hit single listed on the album cover. Now, create the album cover or for you younger whipper snappers, CD booklet artwork and post them here. Submit / post your entries ASAP. Let's set a deadline of midnight Sunday March 17th. I don't know how to set up a voting parameter, if a mod could do it or tell me how, great. Or if no voting is set up by Monday 18th, you can private message me with your vote. We'll do it like Fark, just vote for the one or ones you like. RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - verchad - 03-17-2013 12:57 AM Well, here we go. ![]() Uploaded with ImageShack.us RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - Choc-Ful-A - 03-17-2013 01:33 AM (03-17-2013 12:57 AM)verchad Wrote: Well, here we go. Hilarious! I want a t-shirt from the tour.
RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - GbyP - 03-18-2013 09:49 AM I want to play - and others should too! Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. etc. I had no PC since last visit so lets extend this out a week. And I'll be adding new challenges too this week! RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - verchad - 03-18-2013 02:35 PM Due to popular demand, deadline has been extended to midnight Sunday March 24th. :-) RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - Yugoboy - 03-19-2013 02:15 PM Can I vote we keep this thread open after the "deadline"? i.e. figure out who won, and then just migrate everything to another thread without the voting (but keep this one here so people can see who won... that person deserves the credit). I love the idea, but I am nowhere near far enough ahead in my work-life to spend time doing anything more than preparing for Farktography (and even that's sketchy this week... sleep is for the weak... and the wise) RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - GbyP - 03-24-2013 07:59 PM Verchad - let's keep this open for a couple weeks. Sorry I disappeared again - I had to have surgery Tues, been out of commission this week and will be gone next week. So if you can keep it open til at least 4/7 I would appreciate it. I want to ramp up some contests and challenges again starting in April. Thank you, Pandazilla RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - verchad - 03-24-2013 08:46 PM Deadline moved to midnight April 7th. RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - Mister I - 03-25-2013 12:57 AM
RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - verchad - 03-25-2013 01:26 AM Very nice Mister I RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - verchad - 04-02-2013 09:54 PM The clock is ticking, 5 more days for entries folks. RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - verchad - 04-08-2013 05:17 PM Okay, due to lack of entries, no voting, I declare Mister I the winner. Feel free to submit creations. Congratulations Mister I, very nice work there. RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - Mister I - 04-10-2013 01:58 AM I dunno, Verchad, you did an excellent job of finding cheerless threshers! It would be nice if this site came back to life, eh? RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - verchad - 04-10-2013 02:03 AM Oh well, we tried. I experimented with a Total Fark for myself for a month and enjoyed it. Even got a few "wins". It's fun to jump in toward the beginning of the contests, before it opens up to everyone. RE: Challenge - Create A Music Group and Album Cover - GbyP - 04-12-2013 09:26 AM I'm sorry verchad. I think I've played all my heroics cards... I just don't seem to be able to bounce back the way I used to anymore. And unfortunately, no one has stepped up to captain the ship. tv_news_guy expressed an interest in running contests; I made him an Admin, and he immediately fell victim to the Admin curse - he vanished from the planet. ![]() I started a new treatment 3 weeks ago that is finally kicking in. Once I'm stable for a week, I'll start up some contests again. But if the interest is just not there, I'll likely just keep it like it is now until next Feb and then close the site (or at least the forums). |