Misfit Squirrels Forums
HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H WINNER IS... - Printable Version

+- Misfit Squirrels Forums (https://misfitsquirrels.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Misfit Contests & Collaborations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Squirrel Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H WINNER IS... (/showthread.php?tid=220)



HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H WINNER IS... - GbyP - 05-18-2010 02:19 AM

HoboSong - Congratulations!!

********************************************************************************​**********************************************

Welcome to the Misfit Squirrel Colorization H2H Series B-league - Colorize That 2! Icon_jokercolor

This contest features Fark's latest uber colorization artist & a spunky Dutch Artist:
HoboSong and cbleek


HoboSong and cbleek will be submitting their images on Saturday May 22 at 10am Eastern U.S.
Voting will be open shortly thereafter and last ~3 days.
The winner will be decreed Tuesday May 25th ~7pm Eastern.

The image:
[Image: guitarplayer.jpg]

Link to Biggie-sized (1300x880) (right-clickey)


Good Luck Misfits!


If you wish to participate in this H2H series, indicate in this thread. Thanks!


Re: HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H - VOTING LIVE SO - GbyP - 05-22-2010 08:53 AM

HoboSong & cbleek - I received cbleek's PM. Go ahead and post then vote for the other party to cancel out your vote.

When I wake up I'll update the thread title.


Re: HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H - VOTING LIVE SO - HoboSong - 05-22-2010 02:11 PM

[Image: guitarplayer.jpg]


Re: HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H - VOTING LIVE SO - cbleek - 05-22-2010 02:43 PM

[Image: gitar2.jpg]


Re: HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H - VOTING LIVE - cbleek - 05-24-2010 10:18 AM

Congratulations Hobosong Hello thanks for the competition!


Re: HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H - VOTING LIVE - Terrapin Bound - 05-24-2010 11:54 AM

Nice work, cbleek, I like the fabric choice, too. Well done.
Hobosong, you managed to take the image to the next level. Outstanding, sir; my hat is off to you.


Re: HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H - VOTING LIVE - HoboSong - 05-24-2010 11:05 PM

thanks, cbleek and Terrapin.


Re: HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H - VOTING LIVE - GbyP - 05-25-2010 03:57 AM

I love you guys with your niggling self-doubts... HoboSong - I think your rendition is better than the original!

Here it is...
[attachment=0]


Nice job Squirrels!


Re: HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H - cbleek - 05-25-2010 07:48 AM

Thank you Terrapin bound; really encouraging to know that my entry was not a total failure :compress:
i think that my mistake was to exagerate on the light; i wanted all the shadow parts filled in, eventhough that took away the atmosphere , that was the choice i made and it did the general look no good.But i felt good about exploring the dark side of the picture.
Its a good test though to see what works and what not.
Esp. when to STOP colourise befor it looks to 2dimensional. :color:
(the shirt was a no-return thingy arghhhh why did i choose texture???) Ah well you gotta live and learn~thanks for the 3 votes i got; that made me feel a little better.
I think Hobo song must be a little dissapointed in the competition he got from me....next time Hobo....next time.... (insert evil cackle here)


Re: HoboSong vs. cbleek: Colorize That2 H2H - HoboSong - 05-27-2010 10:59 PM

Not at all...although I was disappointed you didnt get more votes. After seeing yours I immediately regretted not experimenting with alternate textures in any of my colorization works....it's like it never even occurred to me to try it. I think you did a great job, and I think I got lucky because I've been somewhat infatuated with stringed instruments, so I knew exactly how I wanted the guitar to look before I even started.

cbleek Wrote:I think Hobo song must be a little dissapointed in the competition he got from me....next time Hobo....next time.... (insert evil cackle here)