Misfit Squirrels Forums
Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - Printable Version

+- Misfit Squirrels Forums (https://misfitsquirrels.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Misfit Contests & Collaborations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Group Collaborations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 (/showthread.php?tid=127)

Pages: 1 2


Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - Yugoboy - 07-22-2010 02:10 AM

I do hope we're all familiar with the Andy Warhol Marilyn Monroe image as seen HERE. If not, clicking on the link will make you so.

Well, my idea is pretty simple. We'll take an image, manipulate it any way you want, and then I'll collect the images and make a big Warhol-type image from our art.

You may do way more to your block than just re-color, but recolor if that's what you want. Initially, try to keep your contribution to a single block, so this becomes an equal partnership for all. If participation is light, then maybe we ask then-current contributors to make a second if they want.

Given my upcoming schedule we've got like a month before I can commit to being able to assemble to contributions. (August 20-something) This does mean that no one has any excuse for not having the time to turn in a block. Except for maybe el chode... he's got a wedding coming up in a couple months...

So... given the name of the site, the first image will be this fine little squirrel I found and tweaked into his current greyscale boring state:

[Image: BW%20Squirrel.jpg?psid=1]

For the purposes of organization and convenience, submit your blocks below in this thread, and I'll work with GbyP to make the album in the gallery.

Feel free to sign your block if you want.

Do know that when I put this together the blocks will shrink to probably 200x200 or 300x300, so too fine detail work may get lost in the overall image (but will show up in your personal block when I post it full-size in the gallery sub-thread)


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - Vortex Dweller - 07-22-2010 02:27 AM

Love the idea!
[Image: 4816633703_eaa917f3f9_b.jpg]


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - Toots de la Footsjelly - 07-23-2010 12:32 PM

[Image: WHsquirrel.jpg]
Not sure if this fits in but .............


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - johnebones - 07-24-2010 01:30 AM

[Image: 126789751.jpg]


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - libranoelrose - 07-24-2010 04:01 AM

[Image: wharholsquirrelcollaboration.jpg]


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - Mister I - 07-25-2010 04:19 AM

[Image: BWSquirrel.jpg]


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - dsclink - 07-25-2010 04:37 AM

[Image: 946322503_pGRXv-O.jpg]


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - johnebones - 07-26-2010 05:50 PM

I already used my block, so just messing around. More of a squonk than a Warhol anyway.

[Image: 126879893.jpg]


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - libranoelrose - 07-26-2010 10:33 PM

I wasn't very happy with my first entry, so I made this one as well. Feel free to use whichever fits the collaboration best. Thanks!

[Image: wharholsquirrelcollaboration2.jpg]


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - Toots de la Footsjelly - 07-27-2010 12:52 AM

[Image: WHsquirrel2.jpg]

I'm never satisfied with only one either.....use whatever ...er...whichever......doh!


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - Yugoboy - 08-03-2010 04:16 AM

In an effort to jump start this, as well as in the vein of self-aggrandizement, I give you my contribution:

[Image: Warhol%20Squirrel%20YB.jpg?psid=1]

FWIW - I do plan on tweaking/working this more. It's not done, but I figured this might spark someone else who'd let their idea slide.


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - McDonna - 08-09-2010 07:58 AM

[attachment=0]

Don't know if it's too late, but it looked like fun!


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - dsclink - 08-09-2010 10:26 AM

Not too late. Yugoboy is off having fun somewhere and should be back in a couple of weeks or so, then he'll assemble.


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - grampy - 08-09-2010 11:14 PM

[attachment=0]


Re: Open Collaboration Warhol Style 1 - dsclink - 08-09-2010 11:37 PM

That one's kinda scary grampy.